Sloppy joes are a regular, favorite dinner in our home. Although I prefer them nice & sloppy piled onto a King’s Hawaiian roll (with an unevenly huge dose of meat), my husband and toddler like them tucked into this tidy little flaky biscuit…making an easy-to-eat pocket of bliss!
I love making these with cheesy scalloped potatoes and yummy veggies!
Tidy Joes Recipe
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 30 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet McCormick Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can of Grands! Flaky Layers (contains 8 biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook, stirring for about 2 mins.
- Add the ground beef with salt & pepper to taste. Cook and break up the meat until browned. (If not using lean ground beef, drain if needed.)
- Stir in the tomato paste, sloppy joe seasoning, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, prep the biscuits.
- Open can of biscuits and gently open them in half, leaving the back end attached (forming a pocket). Set aside opened up biscuits on parchment or wax paper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- When the sloppy joe mix is ready, remove from stove and fill each biscuit pocket. Carefully stuff the biscuit with the meat filling and be careful not to overfill or puncture the biscuit dough.
- Once filled, use your fingers to gently seal the biscuit pocket all the way around, with the sloppy joe mix inside.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins (until biscuit pockets are golden brown).
- Serve tidy joe pockets whole or sliced in half. Enjoy!