My husband and I are both trying to lose weight. Since I’m crazy about veggies, I’ve been trying to incorporate sides that are fresh, healthy…but also that my husband and kids will eat. This is a super easy veggie mix that you can use as a bed to toss your main course onto, as well as dish out as a side.
What I love about it the most is that it’s very versatile and you can mix, add, or sub any of your favorite veggies. It had a really nice crunch to it and tasted great. Next time I might toss in some mushrooms and zucchini to see how they blend. I made it last night for the first time with tilapia and it was great! I think it would also go well with chicken, pork, or really any protein.
Stovetop Blistered Veggie Mix
Prep: 3 mins
Cook: 7-8 mins
Total: 11 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 oz trimmed green beans (about a large handful)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (a large drizzle)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Core, seed, and thinly slice the bell pepper.
- Halve, peel, and thinly slice the onion.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan.
- Toss for 7-8 minutes until softened and slightly blistered.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Season with salt & pepper. Enjoy!