SO simple + delicious! I mean…I knew it would be good, but truly shocked at how much my family loved this one. Seriously…this is what our plates looked like after dinner.
Just to be safe, you might want to double this one and have extras. I wished I had!
Pork & Asparagus Teriyaki Stir Fry Recipe
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
Yield: 2 servings
- 12 oz pork tenderloin
- 6 oz asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1 thumb fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup white rice
For an even quicker & easier version, you can skip Steps #2, 5, & 6 (blanching the asparagus) and simply sauté it with everything else in Step #10. I prefer the taste & texture as directed below…but I’ve since made it the quick way and it’s still amazingly delicious!
I’ve also thrown in other veggies like sliced zucchini, sliced mushrooms, and peppers (baby and I are the family veggie lovers). All really damn tasty in this stir fry.
- Get your rice cooking via preferred method (I love sticky white rice in rice cooker.)
- Set a small pot of salted water to boil.
- Peel and mince your garlic and ginger.
- Thinly slice green onions & trim asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Prepare a medium bowl of ice water and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Then remove with a slotted spoon and blanch by placing in the bowl of ice water.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and honey.
- Cut the pork tenderloin in half lengthwise, then cut into thin strips. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the strips in a medium bowl with corn starch.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins per side, until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat another drizzle of olive oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions to the pan and toss for about 30 seconds.
- Add the teriyaki sauce, asparagus, and pork to the pan. Toss everything for 2-3 mins until the pork is cooked through. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!