I often have a hard time keeping chicken juicy and moist without freaking out that it’s cooked all the way through. However, this recipe was so easy and cooked to perfection!
I know some people aren’t fans of sour cream (like my husband), so the sour cream step is completely optional. I baked our two chicken breasts side-by-side…mine with sour cream and his without. They both turned out perfectly and not a single bite remained. This recipe is baby, toddler, and husband approved!
Panko Chili Baked Chicken Recipe
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 25 mins
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Olive oil (3 large drizzles)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (F), line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from heat and toss in the panko breadcrumbs and chili powder. Season with salt & pepper.
- Lightly oil the baking sheet & place the chicken breasts onto it.
- *OPTIONAL STEP* Coat each chicken breast with a large dollop of sour cream. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Press the panko mixture onto the tops of each chicken breast to adhere.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through.