These sausage hoagie sandwiches are AMAZING!! Both of my young children cleaned their plates and wanted more. AND…believe it or not, the leftovers taste even better the next day. This is now one of our family favorites!
One Sheet Sausage Hoagies Recipe
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
Yield: 3 servings (easily doubles for 6 servings)
- 3 Sweet Italian Sausage links
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 Po’ Boy Rolls
- Shredded cheese to top sandwich (optional)
- Olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees & line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut bell peppers & onion into thin slices.
- Toss the sliced veggies on the baking sheet & lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Poke a few holes in each sausage link with a fork & place on top of the veggies.
- Place the sheet in the over for 15 minutes.
- Split the rolls by cutting through the side (don’t cut all the way through).
- When your sausages & veggies are done cooking, take them out and carefully place the rolls directly on the rack for 2-3 minutes to lightly toast.
- Cut sausage links into 1/2 inch diagonal slices.
- Assemble your hoagies: Peppers, sausage, shredded cheese (optional) on your toasted hoagies. Enjoy!