This makes your entire house smell amazing as you roast it! What an excellent side dish to perk up your meal.
Cinnamon Maple Butternut Squash Recipe
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 35 mins
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 12oz bag pre-cut butternut squash (about 1 small butternut squash, peeled & diced into 1″ cubes)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil by warming in the microwave in 30 second increments until liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients (except butternut squash).
- Quickly add the cubed squash and toss until evenly coated. (Notes below)
- Evenly spread out the contents onto your foil-covered baking sheet. Make sure your pan isn’t overcrowded.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Carefully flip cubes over and roast for another 10 mins, or until squash is tender with crisp, brown edges. Serve immediately.
My Recipe Notes:
When mixing all the ingredients together, you’ll want to move & toss quickly since the coconut oil does harden pretty fast. Don’t worry too much if it hardens on the spoon or in the bowl before it’s perfectly mixed. As long as the squash is pretty well coated, it’s alright since it will melt again while roasting. The main idea is to get it pretty evenly coated before it hardens.
Pre-cut = thank you!
Ok…so the more I’ve been cooking, the more I’m trying to get away from pre-prepped ingredients. However, I’m also a very busy mom & wife on the go. So for some ingredients, a shortcut compromise is welcomed by me. Pre-cubed butternut squash is one of those things.
I usually find these little handy 12oz bags at the local grocery store or at Walmart. One of these days, I’ll try a fresh cut comparison to see if there is a huge taste difference…but for now, this works great for me!