This recipe was an absolute slam-dunk with my family! It was my first time ever making a stir fry…so easy and oh so delicious!
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Prep: 12 mins
Cook: 13 mins
Total: 25 mins
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oils
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced & cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 can water chestnuts
- 1/2 can bamboo shoots
- 6-8 broccoli florets
- 1/2 carrot, chopped into matchsticks
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper (green pepper or mixed colors)
- 10 sweet pea pods
- 1/2 package Chow Mein Stir Fry noodles or hot sticky rice
- In a small bowl, combined all sauce ingredients, except garlic & ginger. Stir until smooth.
- Once sauce is combined and smooth, mix in minced garlic & ginger.
- If boiling Chow Mein noodles, bring roughly 8 cups of water to a boil in a separate pot.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oils over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add vegetables to the wok & stir.
- Add sauce to the wok and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a rolling simmer and allow sauce to thicken over 4-5 minutes. Stir continuously.
- While stir fry is simmering, boil chow mein noodles per instructions on package (usually 3 mins).
- Drain noodles in strainer – rinse and drain well.
- Serve stir fry over chow mein noodles or rice.
My Recipe Notes:
Chili Garlic Sauce
I recently discovered this amazing sauce and it has quickly become one of my favorite ingredients to add into recipes! I love garlic in almost everything, and this has a great kick of spice to it. You can find it in the same aisle as the Sriracha and other spicy and/or Asian sauces, or you can buy it here on Amazon.
Chow Mein Stir Fry Noodles
I’m a big fan of noodles, so I thought I’d try out these Chow Mein stir fry noodles. They were insanely easy to make and they were truly perfect for this stir fry! I found them in my Asian food aisle at the grocery store, but you can also get them here on Amazon.
Pick Your Own Veggies!
This recipe is super versatile and you can swap out and add any veggies that you like. That’s the beauty of stir fry! There are so many great veggies that I want to try with this sauce (zucchini, various peppers, and more). These just happened to be the ones I selected to test out this recipe for the first time.